Address: School of Tea and Food Science, Anhui Agricultural University, West Changjiang Road, Hefei, 230036, Anhui, P. R. China
Professional Title: PhD, Professor
Telephone: (86)551 65783914
Fax: (86)551 65783914
Professor Wei obtained his PhD in Botany from Hebrew University of Israel. In Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Zhengzhou Institute of Pomology and Horticulture, Jiangsu Academy of Agricultural Sciences, he researched on flowers, fruit tree cultivation techniques and virus removal. When in Hebrew University, he researched on the techniques to regulate the synthesis and release of volatile substances in plants. When doing his postdoctoral research in University of Minnesota of America and Canadian Saskatoon Research Center of the Ministry of Agriculture, he studied on the biosynthesis of the alkaloids in the flower of Changchun, and the regulation of the metabolism of carotenoids in Arabidopsis and Brassica.
1. Non-encoding RNA and Its Regulatory Network on Plant Growth
2. The Biosynthetic Pathway of Plant AromaSubstances and Genetic Engineering
3. Factors Regulating the Biosynthetic of Plant Carotenoid
Advanced Biochemistry (Graduate Course)
Essentials of Molecular Biology (Course for Foreign Students)
1. Shu Wei, Daniel L. Siegel, Ira Marton, Ben-Ami Bravdo, Mara Dekel and Oded Shoseyov. Method of Producing Recombinant Aspergillus Niger Beta-glucosidase and an Aroma Spreading Plant, US patent number 7,223,902
2. Shu Wei, Daniel L. Siegel, Ira Marton, Ben-Ami Bravdo, Mara Dekel, and Oded Shoseyov. Aspergillus Niger Beta-Glucosidase Gene, Protein and Uses Thereof. Canadian Patent Number 2392060
3. Shu Wei & Oded Shoseyov. Agents for Control of Codling Moth in Fruit Orchards. Canadian patent application number CA 2583122 (pending)
4. Shu Wei, Zhirong He, Guofeng Liu, Yifeng Yan (2014). Effects of Single Terpene of the Tea Flavor CsLlS / NES1 Gene and Its Use in Plants. Patent application number 201310070031.X
1. Shu Wei*, Yu-Zhen Xi, Da-Peng Song, Horace Wei, Margaret Y Gruberc, Ming-Jun Gao, Isobel Parkin, George Kachatourians, Abdelali Hannoufa* (2015) Quantitative and structural analyses of T-DNA tandem repeats in transgenic Arabidopsis SK mutant lines.Plant Cell, Tissue and Organ Culture, DOI 10.1007/s11240-014-0511-7.
2. Ming-Jun Gao, Xiang Li, Jun Huang, Gordon M. Gropp, Branimir Gjetvaj, Donna L. Lindsay, Shu Wei, Cathy Coutu, Zhixiang Chen, Xiao-Chun Wan, Abdelali Hannoufa, Derek J. Lydiate, Margaret Y. Gruber, Z. Jeffrey Chen & Dwayne D. Hegedus (2015) SCARECROW-LIKE15 interacts with HISTONE DEACETYLASE19 and is essential for repressing the seed maturation programme. Nature Communications, 6:7243.
5. W Xiang, Y Xu, F-M Wang, LP Gao, MI. Gruber, M-J Gao, Z Zhang, X-C Wan, S Wei*(2013) In silico analysis and feeding assays of some genes in the early steps of terpenoid biosynthetic pathway in Camellia sinensis. 茶叶, 39(4):191-198.
6. YD Zhu,YS Jin, S Wei, H. Li, and W. Zhang (2012) Functional analysis of the isopentenyltransferase gene MdIPT3a from apple (Malus pumila Mill.). Journal of Horticultural Science & Biotechnology 87 (5): 478–484.
7. Shu Wei, Margaret Y. Gruber, Bianyun Yu, Ming-Jun Gao, George G. Khachatourians, Dwayne D. Hegedus, Isobel A. P. Parkin, Abdelali Hannoufa(2012) Arabidopsis mutant sk156 reveals complex regulation of SPL15 in a miR156-controlled gene network. BMC Plant Biology , 12:169, doi:10.1186/1471-2229-12-169.
8. Huang S, Shu T, Zhang J, Ma W, Wei S, Huang LQ (2102)Functional significance of some particular amino acid residues in Bombyx mori pyridoxal kinase. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2012 Feb;161(2):155-60.
9. Ming-Jun Gao, Gordon Gropp, Shu Wei et al., (2012) Combinatorial networks regulating seed development and seed filling. In Embryogenesis ISBN 979-953-307-439-8, ed. by Dr.K.Sato,Croatia, InTech Publisher.
10. Shu Wei*, Abdelali Hannoufa*, Julie Soroka, Ning Xu, Xiang Li, Alireza Zebarjadi, and Margaret Gruber* (2011) Enhanced β-ionone emission in Arabidopsis over-expressing AtCCD1 reduces feeding damage in vivo by the crucifer flea beetle. Environmental Entomology 40(6): 1622-1630 (* Co-corresponding authors).
11. ShuoHao Huang, HaiBin Zeng, JianYun Zhang, Shu Wei, LongQuan Huang (2011) Interconversions of different forms of vitamin B6 in tobacco plants. Phytochemistry 72(17): 2124-2129.doi:10.1016/j.phytochem.2011.07.019.
12. ShuoHao Huang, HaiBin Zeng, JianYun Zhang, Shu Wei, LongQuan Huang (2011) Characterization of enzymes involved in the interconversions of different forms of vitamin B6 in tobacco leaves. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry 49(1): 1299-1305.
13. ShuoHao Huang, Ting Shu, JianYun Zhang, Wang Ma, Shu Wei, LongQuan Huang (2011) Functional significance of some particular amino acid residues in Bombyx mori pyridoxal kinase. Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology Part B: Biochemistry and Molecular Biology 161(2): 155-160 doi:10.1016/j.cbpb.2011.10.009.
14. Ming-Jun Gao, Xiang Li, Helen Lui, Gordon M. Gropp, Derek D. Lydiate, Shu Wei and Dwayne D. Hegedus (2011) ASIL1 is required for proper timing of seed filling in Arabidopsis. Plant Signaling & Behavior 6(12): 1886-1888.
15. Shu Wei, Bianyun Yu, Margaret Y. Gruber, George G. Khachatourians, Dwayne D. Hegedusa, Abdelali Hannoufa (2010) Enhanced seed carotenoid levels and branching in transgenic Brassica napus expressing the Arabidopsis miR156b gene. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry 58(17): 9572–9578.
16. Shu Wei (2010) Methyl jasmonic acid induced expression pattern of terpenoid indole alkaloid pathway genes in Catharanthus roseus seedlings. Plant Growth Regulation 61(3): 243-251.
17. Shu Wei (2009) Utility of tetracycline inducible promoter system in transgenic Catharanthus roseus hairy roots. International Journal of Plant Sciences 170(7): 829-833.
18. Shu Wei, Xiang Li, Margaret Y. Gruber, Rong Li, Rong Zhou, Alireza Zebarjadi, Abdelali Hannoufa (2009) RNAi-mediated suppression of DET1 alters the levels of carotenoids and sinapate esters in seeds of Brassica napus. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry 57 (12): 5326–5333.
19. Renlin Xu, Shu Wei *(2009) Marker-free Technologies for Transgenic Plant Research. In: Transgenic Plants: New Research edited by Oliver T. Chan, ISBN 978-1-60692-017-6. © 2008 Nova Science Publishers, Inc. New York, USA.
20. Suping Zhou, Shu Wei, Levy Shawn, Braden Boone (2007) Microarray analysis on salt stress affected genes in tomato seedlings. African Journal of Environmental Technology 1 (2): 014-026.
21. Xia Liu, Songwen Wang, Yong Wang, Shu Wei* (2007) Genetic analysis and molecular mapping of a nuclear recessive male-sterile gene【ms91(t)】 in rice. Genome 50(9): 796-801 (*Corresponding author).
22. Shu Wei, Yaniv Semel, Ben-Ami Bravdo, Henryk Czosnek, Oded Shoseyov (2007) Expression and subcellular compartmentation of Aspergillus niger ß-glucosidase in transgenic tobacco result in an increased insecticidal activity on whiteflies (Bemisia tabaci). Plant Science 172:1175–1181.
23. Shu Wei, Ira Marton, Mara Dekel, Dror Shalitin, Efraim Lewinshon, Ben-Ami Bravdo, and Oded Shoseyov, (2004) Manipulating volatile emission in tobacco leaves by expressing Aspergillus niger β-glucosidase in different subcellular compartments. Plant Biotechnology Journal 2: 341–350.
24. Shu Wei, Ben-Ami Bravdo, Oded Shoseyov, (2004) Fluorescent Screening of Transgenic Arabidopsis Seeds without Germination. Plant Physiology 135:709–714.
25. Shu Wei, Haim Reuveny, Ben-Ami Bravdo, and Oded Shoseyov (2004) Hydrolysis of glycosidically bound volatiles from apple leaves (Cv. Anna) by Aspergillus niger b-glucosidase affects the behavior of codling moth (Cydia pomonella L.). Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry 52 (20), 6212 -6216.
Copyright 2015 State Key Laboratory of Tea Plant Biology and Utilization All Rights Reserved