Zhongwen Xie, Ph. D. Professor
Address: 130 West Changjang Road, State Key Laboratory of Tea Biology and Utilization, Anhui Agricultural University, Hefei 230036 China
Ph. D. 1999 The Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
M. Sc. 1989 Department of Biology, East China Normal University, Shanghai, China
B. Sc. 1986 Department of Biology, East China Normal University, Shanghai, China
1 The effects and molecular mechanisms of Tea chemical components prevent metabolic syndrome;
2 Tea Chemical components regulate blood pressure circadian rhythm;
3 Create animal models for metabolic Syndrome.
1. December 2013 to present Professor, ”Wanjiang Scholar”, State Key Laboratory of Tea Biology and Utilization, Anhui Agricultural University, Hefei, China
2. May 2009 to December 2013 Senior Research Scientist at the Department of Physiology and Saha Cardiovascular Research Center, University of Kentucky.
3. May 2004 to April 2009 Research Scientist at the Graduate Center for Nutritional Sciences, University of Kentucky.
4. July 2003 to May 2004 Research Scientist at the Graduate Center for Toxicology, University of Kentucky.
5. July 2000 to June 2003 Postdoctoral scholar at the Graduate Center for Toxicology, University of Kentucky.
6. November 1995 to August 1996. Associate professor at Bioengineering Department, Anhui Agricultural University, Hefei, China.
7. July 1989 to October 1995 Instructor at Bioengineering Department, Anhui Agricultural University, Hefei, China.
Nutritional Physiology; Nutrition and Human Health; Molecular Nutrition
China National Science Foundation 31571207 (2016-2019).
Project grant of “Nutrition and the Quality & Safety of Agricultural Products, Universities Leading Talent Team of Anhui Province”.(2016-2018)
Key Grant of Anhui Universities. (2015-2017)
Anhui Agricultural University Talents Foundation (2013-2015)
1. Xie Z., Su W., Liu S., Zhao G., Esser K., Schroder E., Lefta M., Stauss H., Guo Z. and Gong MC. 2015, Smooth-muscle BMAL1 participates in blood pressure circadian rhythm regulation. Journal of Clinic Investigation. 125(1),324-3336. (SCI，IF 13.765)
2. Huang J., Wang Y., Xie Z., Zhou Y. and Wan X. 2014,The anti-obesity effects of green tea in human intervention and basic molecular studies. European Journal of Clinic Nutrition 68, 1075-1087(SCI IF 2.95)
3. Jiang L., Li W., Wang Y., Zhang X, Yu D., Yin Y., Xie Z. and Yuan Y. 2014, Effects of Cichoric Acid Extract from Echinacea purpurea on Collagen-induced Arthritis in Rats. The American J of Chinese Medicine 42(3): 679-692 (SCI，IF 2.625)
4. Huang J., Zhang Y., Zhou Y., Zhang Z., Xie Z., Zhang J and Wan X. 2013, Green Tea Polyphenols Alleviate Obesity in Broiler Chickens through the Regulation of Lipid-Metabolism-Related Genes and Transcription Factor Expression. Journal of Agricultural. Food Chemistry., 61 (36), 8565–8572 (SCI，IF 3.107)
5. Yu D., Yuan Y., Jiang L.,Tai Y., Yang X., Hu F. and Xie Z. 2013, Anti-inflammatory effects of essential oil in Echinacea purpurea L. Pak. J. Pharm. Sci., Vol.26, No.2, 403-408 (SCI，IF 1.103)
6. Liu S., Xie Z., Daugherty, A., Cassis L., Pwarson K., Gong MC. and Guo Z.. 2013, Mineralocorticoid Receptor Agonists Induce Mouse Aortic Aneurysm Formation and Rupture in the Presence of High Salt. Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 33: 1568-1579 (SCI，IF 6.338)
7. Su W, Xie Z, (co-first authors), Liu S, Calderon LE, Guo Z, Gong MC. 2013, Smooth muscle-selective CPI-17 expression increases vascular smooth muscle contraction and blood pressure. American Journal of Physiology-Heart and Circulatory Physiology 305(1): H104-13 (SCI IF 4.23)
8. Kuang L., Kou H., Xie Z., Zhou Y., Feng X., Wang L. and Wang Z. 2013, A Non-catalytic Function of Rev1 in Translation DNA Synthesis and Mutagenesis is Mediated by Its Stable Interaction with Rad5. DNA Repair 12(1):27-37 (SCI，IF 4.274)
9. Liu S., Xie Z., Zhao Q. (co-first authors), Pang H., Turk J., Calderon L., Su W., Zhao G., Xu H., Gong MC and Guo Z.. 2012, Smooth Muscle-Specific Expression of iPLA β Participates in the Initiation and Early Progression of Vascular Inflammation and Neointima Formation. Journal of Biological Chemistry. 287 (29):24739-24753 (SCI，IF 4.651)
10. Calderon L., Liu S., Su W., Xie Z., Guo Z., Eberhard W. and Gong MC.2012, iPLA2β over-expression in smooth muscle exacerbates Angiotensin II-induced hypertension and vascular remodeling. PLOS ONE 7(2): e31850 (SCI，IF 3.73)
11. Su W., Xie Z., (co-first authors), Guo Z., Duncan M., Lutshumba J., Gong MC,2012 Altered clock gene expression and vascular smooth muscle diurnal contractile variation in type 2 diabetic db/db mice. American Journal of Physiology-Heart and Circulatory Physiology 302(3): H621-33（SCI，IF 4.23)
12. Xie Z., Liu D., Liu S., Turk J., Guo, Z. 2011. Identification of a cAMP-response element in RGS2 promoter as a Key cis-regulatory element for RGS2 transcriptional regulation by angiotensin II in VSMC. Journal of Biological Chemistry. 286 (52), 44646-44658 (SCI，IF 4.651)
13. Xie Z., Gong MC., Su W., Xie DP., Turk J. and Guo Z. 2010, Group VIA phospholipase A2 beta participates in high glucose induced activation of RhoA/ROCK and PKC/CPI-17 pathway in vascular smooth muscle cells and in herper-contractivity of diabetic animals. Journal of Biological Chemistry 285(12) : 8628-37（SCI，IF 4.651）
14. Xie Z., Gong MC., Su W., Turk J. and Guo Z. 2007, Group VIA phospholipase A2 (iPLA2beta) participates in angiotensin II-induced transcriptional up-regulation of regulator of g-protein signaling-2 in vascular smooth muscle cells. Journal of Biological Chemistry 282(35):25278-89（SCI，IF 4.651）
15. Xie Z., Su W., Guo Z., Pang H., Post SR. and Gong, MC. 2006, Up-regulation of CPI-17 phosphorylation in diabetic vasculature and high glucose cultured vascular smooth muscle cells. Cardiovascular Research 69(2):491-501（SCI，IF 5.94）
16. Pang H., Guo Z., Xie Z., Su W. and Gong, MC. 2006, Divergent kinase signing mediates agonist-induced phosphorylation of phosphatase inhibitory proteins PHI and CPI-17 in vascular smooth muscle cells. American Journal of Physiology-cell physiology 290(3):C892-9（SCI，IF 3.67）
17. Xie Z., Zhang Y., Guliaev AB., Shen H., Huang B., Singer B., and Wang Z. 2005, The p-benzoquinone DNA adducts derived from benzene are highly mutagenic. DNA Repair 4(12):1399-409（SCI，IF 4.274）
18. Pang H., Guo Z., Su W., Xie Z., Eto M., Gong MC. 2005, RhoA-Rho kinase pathway mediates thrombin- and U-46619-induced phosphorylation of a myosin phosphatase inhibitor, CPI-17, in vascular smooth muscle cells. American Journal of Physiology-Cell Physiology 289 (2):C352-360（SCI，IF 3.67）
19. Xie Z., Liu S., Zhang Y., and Wang Z. 2004, Roles of Rad23 protein in yeast nucleotide excision repair. Nucleic Acids Research 32 (20): 5981-90（SCI，IF 8.808）
20. Zhao B., Xie Z., (co-first authors), Shen H., and Wang Z., 2004. Role of DNA polymerase h in the bypass of abasic sites in yeast cells. Nucleic Acids Research 32 (13): 3984-94（SCI，IF 8.808）
21. Guo D., Xie Z., Shen H., and Wang Z. 2004. A non-catalytic function of Rev1 in response to acetylaminofluorene-dG DNA adducts in yeast: stimulating Polz-catalyzed translesion synthesis. Nucleic Acids Research 32 (3): 1122-30 （SCI，IF 8.808）
22. Xie Z., Braithwaite E., Guo D., Geacintov N., and Wang Z. 2003. Mutagenesis of Benzo【a】pyrene diolepoxide in yeast: requirement for DNA polymerase z and involvement of DNA polymerase h. Biochemistry 42(38): 11253-62 (SCI，IF 3.194）
23. Zhou H., Xie Z., Ge S. 2003. Microsatellite analysis of genetic diversity and population genetic structure of wild rice (Oryza rufipogon) in China. Theoretical and Applied Genetics 107 (2): 332-39（SCI，IF 3.507）
24. Zhang Y., Wu X., Yuan F., Xie Z., and Wang Z. 2001. Highly frequent frame- shift DNA synthesis by human DNA polymerase m. Molecular and Cellular
Biology 21(23): 7995-8006（SCI，IF 5.036）
25. Xie Z., Lu Y., Ge S., Hong D., and Li F. 2001. Clonality in wild rice (Oryza. rufipogon) and its implication for conservation managements. American Journal of Botany 88:1058-68（SCI，IF 2.586）
26. Xie Z., Ge S., and Hong D., 1999. Preparation of DNA from silica gel dried mini-amount of leaves of Oryza rufipogon for RAPD studies and total DNA bank construction. Acta Botanica Sinica 41 (8): 807-812（SCI，IF 3.448）27. Qian, W., Xie, Z., Ge S., and Hong D. (2001) Distribution and conservation of an endangered wild rice Oryza granulata in China, Acta Botania Sinica, 43(12): 1279-1287 (SCI，IF 3.448）
Copyright 2015 State Key Laboratory of Tea Plant Biology and Utilization All Rights Reserved