Name: Zhengzhu ZHANG
Research Area: Chemistry for Tea Manufacture and Food Flavor
Ph D. in Sci. Agr. and Professor, now is dean of School of Tea and Food Science & Technology, secretary general of Anhui Tea Science Society, executive Director of State Key Laboratory of Tea Plant Biology and Utilization, Anhui Agricultural University.
2005.08 – 2005.11, Visiting scientist in Laboratory of Nutritional Biochimistry (BNUT), Catholic University of Louvain (UCL), Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium. 2001.09 – 2002.09, Visiting scholar in Institute for Chemical Research, Kyoto University, Laboratory for Chemistry of Molecular Biocatalysts.
1997.07 – 2000.07, Ph D in Tea science, Hunan Agricultural University, Depart. Food Science.
1994.07 – 1997.09, Master in Tea science, Anhui Agricultural University, Depart. Tea Science.
1992.07, Research assistant, Anhui Agricultural University.
1997.09, Lecturer, Anhui Agricultural University.
2003.07, Associate professor and Executive Director of the Key Laboratory of Tea Biochemistry & Biotechnology, Anhui Agricultural University.
2007.09, Professor, Dupty Director of the School of Tea and Food Science & Technology, Executive Director of the Key Laboratory of Tea Biochemistry & Biotechnology, Anhui Agricultural University.
1. Zhengzhu Zhang*, Ying-Bo Li, Li Qi, and Xiao-Chun Wan. Antifungal activities of major tea leaf volatile constituents towardColletorichum camelliae Massea. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 2006, 54(11): 3936 – 3940.
2. Lin Chen，Qi Chen，Zhengzhu Zhang，Xiaochun Wan. A novel colorimetric determination of free amino acids content in tea infusions with 2,4-dinitro?uorobenzene, Journal of Food Composition and Analysis, 2009, 22: 137–141
3. Tiejun Ling, Zhengzhu Zhang, Tao Xia, Weiwei Ling, Xiaochun Wan，Phytoecdysteroids and other constituents from the roots of Klaseopsis chinensis. Biochemical Systematics and Ecology，2009，37（1）：49-51
4. Su, Erzheng, Tao Xia*, Liping Gao, Qianying Dai and Zhengzhu Zhang，Immobilization and Characterization of Tannase and its Haze-removing, Food Sci Tech Int, 2009 15: 545-552
5. Tie-Jun Ling †, Wei-Wei Ling †, Yuan-Jun Chen, Xiao-Chun Wan, Tao Xia, Xian-Feng Du and Zheng-Zhu Zhang *. Antiseptic Activity and Phenolic Constituents of the Aerial Parts of Vitex negundo var. cannabifolia. Molecules 2010, 15（11）：8469-8477
6. Ling TJ, Wan XC*, Ling WW, Zhang ZZ, Tao Xia, Li DX, Hou RY. Triterpenoids and other constituents from a special microbial-fermented tea-fuzhuan brick tea. Journal of agricultural and food chemistry, 2010, 58(8): 4945-4950.
7. Erzheng Su, Tao Xia*, Liping Gao, Qianying Dai and Zhengzhu Zhang. Immobilization of β-glucosidase and its aroma-increasing effect on tea beverage，Food and Bioproducts Processing，2010,88（2）：83-89
8. Yaning Lu, Jinsong Zhang, Xiaochun Wan, Men Long, Daxiang Li, Pandeng Lei, Zhengzhu Zhang*. Intestinal transport of pure theanine and theanine in green tea extract: Green tea components inhibit theanine absorption and promote theanine excretion. Food Chemistry, 2011 (125) ：277–281
9. Zheng-zhu Zhang, Sheng-peng Wang, Xiao-chun Wan, Shou-he Yan. Evaluation of sensory and composition properties in young tea shoots and their estimation by near infrared spectroscopy and partial least squares techniques. Spectroscopy Europe. 2011, 23(4): 17-23.
10. Cheng-Ying Shi, Hua Yang, Chao-Ling Wei, Oliver Yu, Zheng-Zhu Zhang, Chang-Jun Jiang, Jun Sun, Ye-Yun Li, Qi Chen, Tao Xia, Xiao-Chun Wan*. Deep sequencing of the Camellia sinensis transcriptome revealed candidate genes for major metabolic pathways of tea-specific compounds. BMC Genomics 2011, 12:131，http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2164/12/131
11. Xungang Gu, Chengcheng Yao, Zhengzhu Zhang, Xiaochun Wan*, Jingming Ning, Wanfang Shao. GC-ECD method for determination of glucosidically bound aroma precursors in fresh tea leaves. Chromatographia, 2011, 73:189-193
12. Yuan-Jun Chen†, Chun-Miao Li†, Wei-Wei Ling, Xiao-Chun Wan, Tao Xia, Xian-Feng Du, Zheng-Zhu Zhang* and Tie-Jun Ling*. A rearranged labdane-type diterpenoid and other constituents from Vitex negundo var. cannabifolia. Biochemical Systematics and Ecology, 2012(40): 98-102
13. Wei-Wei Deng , Shuo Wang, Qi Chen, Zheng-Zhu Zhang*, Xiang-Yang Hu. Effect of salt treatment on theanine biosynthesis in Camellia sinensis seedlings, Plant Physiology and Biochemistry 2012, 56: 35-40
14. Gao, H.J，Zhang, Z.Z，Wan, X.C. Influences of charcoal and bamboo charcoal amendment on soil fluoride fractions and bioaccumulation of fluoride in tea plants. Environmental Geochemistry and Health，2012, 34: 551-562
15. J. SUN, P.D.LEI , Z. Z. ZHANG, G. H. SHI, Z. J.TANG, S.Y. ZHU, C. J. JIANG and X. C.WAN*. Shoot basal ends as novel explants for in vitro plantlet regeneration in an elite clone of tea, Journal of Horticultural Science & Biotechnology, 2012，87 (1) 71–76
16. Guangxin Ren, Shengpeng Wang, Jingming Ning, Rongrong Xu, Yuxia Wang, Zhiqiang Xing, Xiaochun Wan, Zhengzhu Zhang *, Quantitative analysis and identification of black tea using Fourier transform near-infrared spectroscopy (FT-NIRS), Food Research International, 2013（53）：822-826
17．Shengpeng Wang, Zhengzhu Zhang, Jingming Ning, Guangxin Ren， Xiao-Chun Wan*,.Artificial Neural Network Model for Prediction of the Quality of Tea Shoots through Selection of Relevant Near Infrared Spectral Data via Synergy Interval Partial Least Squares, Analytical Letters, 2013，46: 184–195
18. Liang zhang, Zheng-Zhu Zhang, Yi-bin Zhou, Tie-jun Ling; Xiao-Chun Wan*. Chinese dark
teas: postfermentation, chemistry and biological activities, Food research international, 2013, 53(2): 600-607.
19. Wei-Wei Deng, Yue Fei, Shuo Wang, Xiao-Chun Wan, Zheng-Zhu Zhang*, Xiang-Yang Hu. Effect of shade treatment on theanine biosynthesis in Camellia sinensis seedlings, Plant Growth Regul, 2013, (71) : 295–299
20. Jin Lu, Bhuiya Mohammad Wadud, Li Mengmeng, Liu Xiangqi, Han Jixiang, Deng Weiwei, Wang Min, Yu Oliver, Zhang Zhengzhu*. Metabolic engineering of Saccharomyces cerevisiae for caffeine and theobromine production. PLoS One, 2014, 9(8):e105368.
Projects and Achievements:
Program for Changjiang Scholars and Innovative Research Team in University: No.IRT1101 (2012-2014), IRT_15R01 (2016-2018), Research group of Secondary Metabolism of Tea Plant and Quality & Safety Control of Tea Products.
NSFC: 31570692, De novo Biosynthesis of Caffeine in vitro with Genes Isolated from Camellia sinensis Based on the Metabolism of Nucleotides, 2016-2019.
NSFC: 31170649, Combinatorial Biosynthesis and Gene Regulation of Tea Caffeine Biosynthesis in vitro, 2012-2015.
NSFC： 30872057，Differential gene expression of endogenous glycosidases and its molecular mechanism induced by pathogenic fungi infection in leaves of Camellia sinensis，2008-2011.
National Science and Technology Support Program: 2011BAD01B03-2, Integration and Demonstration of Key Techniques and Equipments for Automatically Manufacture Processing of Green Tea, 2011-2013.
Integration and Demonstration of Techniques and Equipments for Contemporary Manufacture Processing of Green Tea, 1st Class Award of Anhui Province, 2009.
Digital and Intelligent Tea Color Sorter, 2nd Class Award of Anhui Province, 2009.
Techniques for Manufacture Processing of Instant Tea. 2nd Invent Award by Federation of Chinese Light Industry, 2011.
Chemistry and Molecular Bio-chemistry for Glycosidically Tea Aroma Precursors, 3rd Class Award of Anhui Province, 2006.