Address: School of Tea and Food Science, Anhui Agricultural University, West Changjiang Road, Hefei, 230036, Anhui, P. R. China
Professional Title: PhD, Professor
Administrative Post: Vice President of AHAU
Telephone: (86)551 65786003
Fax: (86)551 65785833
Professor Xia, primarily engaged in the teaching and research on the development of natural products, is currently a professor, doctoral supervisor and vice-president of AHAU. He served as vice dean and later dean of School of Light Industry, dean of School of Tea and Food Science, director of the Chinese Tea Culture Institute. Prof. Xia has been elected as discipline and technology leader in Anhui Province, university discipline top-notch talent in Anhui Province, chief expert of tea industry technology system in Anhui Province, director of Tea Processing Sub-Center of National Agricultural Product Processing Technology Research Center, main academic backbone of the national teaching team of tea science, “Changjiang Scholars and Innovation Teams” of the Ministry of Education in China and “115” industrial innovation team in Anhui Province.
Tea Processing Technology and Key Equipment Research and Development
Tea Flavor Chemistry
Tea and Natural Plant Product Deep Processing and New Product Development
Mechanism and Regulation of Catechins
Discipline and Technology Leader in Anhui Province
University Discipline Top-Notch Talent in Anhui Province
Chief Expert of Tea Industry Technology System in Anhui Province
Director of the Tea Processing Sub-Center of National Agricultural Product Processing Technology Research Center
Main Academic Backbone of the National Teaching Team of Tea Science
Main Academic Backbone of “Changjiang Scholars and Innovation Team” of the Ministry of Education in China
Main Academic Backbone of “115”Industrial Innovation Team in Anhui Province
Prof. Xia, as a key member of the national tea science teaching team, presided over the provincial excellent course Tea Tasting and Testing, lectured the national quality video open course Charm of Chinese Tea, and participated in the construction of the national level excellent course Tea Biochemistry, provincial excellent course Tea Manufacture and Tea Biochemistry. Prof. Xia is the editor in chief of the teaching material series Tea Culture, History of Chinese Tea, national unified textbook of12th Five-Year Plan Tea Manufacture for agricultural universities and colleges. He also edited and published Chinese Green Tea and Deep Processing of Tea, and compiled the national key textbook Tea Evaluation and Inspection for agricultural universities and colleges, which won Excellent Teaching Material Award of Agricultural Universities and Colleges. Prof. Xia presided over and participated in a number of national and provincial education and research projects. He has authored four monographs, 26 research papers, and 16 authorized invention patents to date. So far, Prof. Xia has supervised 30 masters, 13 doctorates and 2 postdoctoral students.
Honors and Awards
Prof. Xia has scored 21 research achievements, whose research has earned him one second prize and one third prize of the Provincial Teaching Achievement Award of Higher Education, as well as the first, second and third prizes of the scientific and technological progress awards at provincial, ministerial and national levels.
1. Green Tea in China, China Light Industry Press, 2006.
2. History of Chinese Tea, Anhui Education Press, 2008.
3. Tea Evaluation and Inspection (Fourth Edition), China Agriculture Press, 2010.
4. Tea Deep Processing, China Light Industry Press, 2011.
5. Xia Tao, Shi Siquan, Wan Xiaochun. Impact of ultrasonic-assisted extraction on the chemical and sensory quality of tea infusion，J of Food Engineering (SCI), 2006.
6. YAJUN LIU, LIPING GAO,TAO XIA*,LEI ZHAO. Investigation of the Site-Specific Accumulation of Catechins in the Tea Plant (Camellia sinensis) via Vanillin-HCl Staining. J of Agric Food Chem(SCI), 2009.
7. Erzheng Su, Tao Xia*, Liping Gao, Qianying Dai and Zhengzhu Zhang. Immobilization of β-glucosidase and its aroma-increasing effect on tea beverage. Food and Bioproducts Processing (SCI), 2010.
8. Erzheng Su, Tao Xia*, Liping Gao, Qianying Dai and Zhengzhu Zhang. Immobilization and Characterization of Tannase and its Haze-removing. Food Science and Technology International(SCI), 2010.
9. Dongqing Yang, Yajun Liu, Meilian Sun, Lei Zhao, Yunsheng Wang, Xiaotian Chen, Chaoling Wei, Liping Gao*, Tao Xia*. Differential gene expression in tea (Camellia sinensis) calli with different morphologies and catechin contents, J of Plant Physiology (SCI), 2012.
10. YunSheng Wang, LiPing Gao, ZhengRong Wang, YaJun Liu, MeiLian Sun, DongQing Yang, ChaoLing Wei, Yu Shan, Tao Xia*. Light-induced expression of genes involved in phenylpropanoid biosynthetic pathways in callus of tea (Camellia sinensis). Scientia Horticulturae (SCI), 2012.
11. XianLin Zhang, YaJun Liu, KeJun Gao, Lei Zhao, Li Liu,YunSheng Wang, MeiLian Sun, LiPing Gao*,Tao Xia*. Characterisation of anthocyanidin reductase from Shuchazao green tea，J Sci Food Agric (SCI), 2012.
12. YunSheng Wang, LiPing Gao, Yu Shan, YaJun Liu, YanWei Tian, Tao Xia∗. Influence of shade on flavonoid biosynthesis in tea (Camellia sinensis). Scientia Horticulturae (SCI), 2012.
13. Zhang XF, Han YY, Bao GH, Ling TJ, Zhang L, Gao LP, Xia T*. A New Saponin from Tea Seed Pomace (Camellia oleifera Abel) and Its Protective Effect on PC12 Cells. Molecules (SCI), 2012.
14. Ya-jun Liu, Liping Gao, Li Liu , Qin Yang , Zhongwei Lu , Zhiyin Nie , Yunsheng Wang and Tao Xia*. Purification and Characterization of a Novel Galloyltransferase Involved in Catechin Galloylation in the Tea Plant 【Camellia sinensis】. J of Biological Chemistry (SCI), 2012.
15. Lei Zhao, Liping Gao, Hongxue Wang, Xiaotian Chen, Yunsheng Wang, Hua Yang, Chaoling Wei, XiaoChun Wan, Xia T*. The R2R3-MYB, bHLH, WD40 and related transcription factors in flavonoid biosynthesis. Functional & Integrative Genomics(SCI), 2012.
16. Xiaolan Jiang, Yajun Liu†, Weiwei Li, Lei Zhao, Fei Meng, Yunsheng Wang, Huarong Tan, Hua Yang, Chaoling Wei, Xiaochun Wan, Liping Gao*,Tao Xia*. Tissue-Specific, Development-Dependent Phenolic Compounds Accumulation Profile and Gene Expression Pattern in Tea Plant 【Camellia sinensis】. PLoS ONE(SCI),2013.
17. Zhongwei Lu, Yajun Liu, Lei Zhao,Xiaolan Jiang, Mingzhuo Li, Yunsheng Wang,Yujiao Xu, Liping Gao*,Tao Xia*. Effect of low-intensity white light mediated de-etiolation on the biosynthesis of polyphenols in tea seedlings. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry(SCI),2014.
18. Xin-Fu Zhang, Shao-Lan Yang, Ying-Ying Han, Lei Zhao, Gui-Long Lu, Tao Xia*, Li-Ping Gao*. Qualitative and quantitative analysis of triterpene saponins from Tea Seed Pomace (Camellia oleifera Abel) and their activities against bacteria and fungi, Molecules(SCI),2014.
19. Yun-Sheng Wang,Yu-Jiao Xu, Li-Ping Gao, Oliver Yu, Xin-Zhen Wang, Xiu-Juan He, Xiao-Lan Jiang,Ya-Jun Liu and Tao Xia*. Functional analysis of Flavonoid 3’,5’-hydroxylase from Tea plant (Camellia sinensis): critical role in the accumulation of catechins. BMC Plant Biology(SCI),2014.
20. Xiaolan Jianga, Yajun Liu, Yahui Wu, Huarong Tan, Fei Meng, Yun sheng Wang, Mingzhuo Li, Lei Zhao, Li Liu, Yumei Qian, Liping Gao*,Tao Xia*. Analysis of accumulation patterns and preliminary study on the condensation mechanism of proanthocyanidins in tea plants 【Camellia sinensis】, Scientific Reports(SCI),2015.